Thursday, August 9, 2012

GETTING TO KNOW THE AREA

GETTING TO KNOW THE AREA

Having a bike has made Changwon easier to explore, I set out to go on a hike, but never actually made it to the trailhead. Instead I sort of ended up on what looked to be a fairly vacant highway construction site. It was still pretty cool and offered some nice views of the city. I was misled because there appeared to be a parks office booth, and there were many families picnicking along the stream, but there was no park/hiking area to be found.

Climbing up


At the top
At the top







Climbing down















Stream
















After that I rode past Changwon’s municipal rose garden. I went and checked to see if the cupid statute was Korean. Yep, he’s definitely Korean.

Changwon Municipal Rose Garden

Changwon Municipal Rose Garden

Changwon Municipal Rose Garden

Korean Cupid at Changwon Municipal Rose Garden




























































After cruising a little more I found a huge city skate park, that was apparently pretty good. I met a North Carolinian there who lives in Busan who specifically came to Changwon that day for this skate park. As it turns out this skate park is really close to my work.



Changwon Skate Park
Changwon Skate Park
































Also right near the skate park there is a small hiking area so I did end my day eventually hiking in some woods.
Some very proximate hiking

Some very proximate hiking - less than a mile from my work



No comments:

Post a Comment